Software Architect / Technical Lead - Product Development
Are you looking for exciting opportunities in core product development in Business Intelligence & Analytics? If so, this role may be for you?
We are looking for Technical Architects / Technology Specialists with diverse experience in building solutions and products and who can
(a) design solutions using technologies and paradigms followed by the tech industry today,
(b) be hands-on in executing complex development tasks and set a ‘best practices’ level for the team
(d) mentor a team of developers
Specifically, you will,
- Gain the opportunity to envision entire products from its technical design, development life-cycle to deployment and updates - in the Business Intelligence domain designed for top companies of the world.
- Mentor the team and lead by example by driving best practices in coding, standards, compatibility, performance, documentation and reviews
- Collaborate closely with others - including product owners, architects, UI and UX designers, front-end developers, quality assurance team
- Perform active research & development, and be able to step out of comfort zone and go an extra mile to solve challenges.
- Actively participate in driving an open, learning- and team-focused culture.
- Ensure that deliverables are highly optimized for performance and usability across browsers and devices.
- Setup and design an efficient software life-cycle development plan models using tools like Kanban, Agile and improve team efficiency by adopting mechanisms like Continuous Integration/Deployment and Test Automation
- Deploy solutions on-premise and cloud, set up a deployment plan using best in industry tools such as Chef, Ansible, Docker, Containers and using platforms like Azure, AWS.
- Experience in building and delivering enterprise level products or solutions from ground up and be a part of its road-map.
- Extensive experience in single/multiple development platforms/stack and their respective frameworks such as Java (Sprint, Hibernate) / .NET (ASP.net, WCF) / Ruby on Rails / Python (Django)
- Knowledge of building intuitive and user-friendly interfaces for end-users with best in industry frameworks such as Angular, React, Ember or Vue.
- Willing and able to learn and evolve with newer frameworks, technologies and development stacks as per business requirements
- Deep understanding of relational databases with ability to design large scale databases, stored procedures/triggers. Understanding use-cases for NoSQL databases and familiarity with Data Warehouses and Data Analytics.
- Working knowledge of software development and deployment tools such as Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment, Version Control, Test Automation and Deployment Automation
- Knowledge and experience of Agile based development life-cycles, be able to lead Sprints / Stand-ups with teams and allocating and scheduling tasks in the team.
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal) and ability to conduct knowledge transfer sessions and training seminars internally.
- 5+ years of experience in software development with an active/previously served as a senior role (Level 3) and experience in managing mid or small sized development team.
- Acquaintance with Node.js / Python based development stacks
- Experience in BI related software development such as - working with D3 visualizations, Hands-on knowledge of popular BI platforms like Tableau, Spotfire
Comfortable with test driven development, pair programming, and experience working with remote team members
- Excellent pay & benefits
- Be on the forefront of learning and innovation
- You'll have 24x7 access to Visual BI Labs, our learning environment that hosts all bleeding-edge innovations in BI including access to Cloud Infrastructure like Azure to experiment with.
- Gain exposure in a sweet spot where management consulting meets technology
- Be part of an enterprising and rewarding culture with highly accomplished peer group
- Work within Chennai limits without having to brave 2-4 hour commutes every day
- Be a pillar of support for Visual BI’s vibrant culture by always willing and eager to experiment, learn, and deliver customer value while having fun.
Note: Visual BI, as a policy, does not authorize external parties to conduct employment drives or extend Offers of employment on its behalf.