SAP BW Lead/Architect
This is a hands-on technical role that requires market-leading expertise in SAP BW. As a SAP BW Architect, you will:
Own customer success and delight by directing, organizing and leading one or more engagement(s) in SAP BI.
- Work with client stakeholders to understand business processes and requirements
- Analyze business and functional requirements to define target SAP BI/BW solution architecture
- Single point of contact for overall technology architecture & design
- Design specifications for solution components, evaluating various options (Installation of standard objects, enhancements to existing objects and creation of custom objects)
- Prepare detailed implementation plan with timelines
- Execute project as per plan, and ensure defect-free delivery of solution on-time
- Work with other technical SMEs to develop long-term strategy for sustainable and flexible reporting architecture on top of SAP BW
- Ensure adoption of best-in-class practices and standards for development, support, quality control and documentation
- Drive timely and proactive issue identification, escalation & resolution
Provide technical leadership for the team to perform the following activities.
- Design and develop BW data models & data flow objects in SAP BW 7.x on HANA and non-HANA
- Build InfoCubes, ODS/DSO, Multi-providers, Composite providers, Open ODS, Transient providers, transformations, extractors, datasources and required routines.
- Design and develop complex BEx queries to meet reporting requirements
- Adopt data modeling & data flow design best practices to develop robust & scalable solutions.
- Configure and install SAP BW Business Content
- Activate, Configure & Enhance Generic and Business Content Extractors by functional area
- Optimize reporting and data load performance through Query monitoring tool, Aggregates, Indexes, InfoCube Compression, InfoCube Partitioning and Statistics.
- Develop and trouble shoot ABAP programs including user exits, function modules and start/end/expert routines
Mentor teams and drive Organization level initiatives
- Outline career development objectives and plan for every subordinate based on their interests and aspirations
- Develop individuals into well-rounded BI professionals by helping them acquire skills across design, modelling, extraction, implementation, support, performance tuning, quality assurance, estimation, communication and project management
- Mentor individuals to proactively experiment with bleeding edge innovations in BI; Provide innovative suggestions for PoCs and demos
- Organize and moderate internal focus groups for knowledge sharing
- Help team members establish themselves as BI thought leaders in the industry by leveraging social media and online forums
- Drive development of organization assets (demos, PoCs and packaged solutions – reusable object repositories) based on industry/market trends and product roadmap
- Support business development, proposal, pre-sales efforts by contributing to the technical components of proposal/RFP
Be a pillar of support for Visual BI’s vibrant culture by always being willing and eager to experiment, learn, and deliver customer value while having fun.
8 to 12 years of relevant, hands-on experience with the following:
- SAP BW ETL and modeling
- SAP BEx – Query Designer, Analyzer and Web Analyzer
- SAP BW + BOBJ Integration
- Configuration and installation of SAP BI Standard Content
- Strong ABAP skills
- BW Security design & Administration / BW Analysis Authorization
- BW 7.4 + HANA Optimization and LSA++ architecture experience
- SAP BOBJ WebI/Crystal reports/Xcelsius/Design Studio experience
- BW Upgrade Experience
- BW Security & Administration / BW Analysis Authorization
Following expertise, while optional will be a plus:
- Experience on SAP HANA Enterprise (SP 8 and above)
- Strong ETL experience with tools such as, SAP BO Data Services, Informatica or SSIS
- Experience on non-SAP Visualization tools like Tableau, Spotfire
- A vibrant and dynamic culture with an accomplished peer group of professionals
- Emphasis on learning & development
- Take charge of your career by choosing any long-term specialization within SAP BI portfolio
- Top pay for top performance
- Comprehensive health and group insurance cover
- And many more…
Note: Visual BI, as a policy, does not authorise external parties to conduct employment drives or extend Offers of employment on its behalf.